Since my grandfather announced we’d be taking a family vacation to Disney World this summer, I have been beyond excited. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is the Floridian summer humidity– but not even that will damper my smile when I get off the monorail.
The five things that are the best about going to DisneyWorld as an adult:
5 best things about going to Disney World as an adult (without children)
- You can go wherever you want to. There are no adults telling you that you can’t immediately go get Dole Pineapple soft serve ice cream over near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. You can ride Splash Mountain seventeen times in a row. (That might take forever, as simply getting to the top of Splash Mountain is easily a 10-15 minute journey, but hey, if that’s where your heart lies.)
- You don’t have someone reminding you every ten minutes to go to the bathroom. There’s no mom nagging you to apply more sunscreen or telling you that it probably wasn’t a good idea to wear your favorite t-shirt when you knew you were going to ride water rides. (But you’ll wish your mom was there when you sunburn your face.)
- You don’t have to hold hands with anyone. Especially small, sticky fingered little siblings.
- You can walk through Epcot eating dessert all night and not feel guilty about not eating a real dinner.
- You get to be a little kid again. Shhh, Disney Princesses are real.